As business owners, we wear lots of different hats to fulfil a variety of roles required to run a successful business.
Social media is usually one of the things that keeps dropping to the bottom of the to-do list. This could be because you need to prioritise more important tasks or just because you don’t give it the attention it deserves.
Let’s be honest; it takes time to constantly think of fresh content ideas to stay ahead of your competition and be interesting, relevant and engaging on top of that!
To be successful on social media you need to be consistent to build that “know, like and trust” with your audience. If your efforts are haphazard then you’re probably not going to achieve this effectively.
Networking events are the perfect analogy for this. When you attend a group regularly, you’re likely to form good relationships and will eventually make a judgement as to whether you like and trust them based on your conversations with them. Guess what, it’s EXACTLY how it works on social media.
Nowadays, potential customers will do their research before getting in touch with you. They will most likely check out your social media profiles before your website, so it’s important that your channels are consistently updated, showcase your company values, your business expertise, what problems you solve, your team and why someone would want to work with you…in a subtle way of course!
On top of this bear in mind that the algorithms (the rules which affect your post reach) can change on a monthly basis. You could have learnt something last month and be ready to put it into action this month only to learn that the algorithm has changed again, so you need to relearn…do you really have the time to keep doing this?
If the thought of this already sounds overwhelming, then outsourcing is probably your best option.
So, here are some reasons why it makes sense to outsource your social media if it keeps falling to the bottom of your to-do list:
- Let the expert(s) stay up to date with industry trends, news and algorithms so you can take advantage of what’s working right now.
- You will have a more consistent presence to build that know, like and trust.
- You won’t have to constantly think about what to post as it will be done for you.
- You will have more brand awareness and potential clients recognising you when you’re out and about.
- You won’t have the expenses of full time staff or need to spend time recruiting and training them to get them up to the required standards to make an impact on your business.
- Most importantly, you can spend your valuable time growing other areas of the business.
It’s worth considering where your strengths lie and what you could outsource, as you’ll be saving time, money and sanity in the long run!